Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Control

Well, I cannot believe things are going so well. Chores are staying done and on time. I even had myself ready and cooked a healthy TAKS breakfast for the kids and still left the house by 6:30 a.m. Plus having bathroom duty at the school meant I got to read a whole book.

As crazy as it seems, the chaos is not controlling us, we are controlling the chaos. Our biggest problem yesterday was an argument over the correct size of a bite. Evidently, it is a hard concept for a teenage boy to understand. And there were a few minutes of a sibling spat. But really yesterday and today have ran smoothly.

Making the most of every opportunity has been crucial. Using the morning commute for worship has been wonderful. While the girls are taking a bath, preparing lunch or items for dinner the next night gives me more time with them or time for sleep later. Making sure everyone lays out their clothes the night before saves so much time in the morning. (And making myself stick with what I picked out for myself helps too.) Using bathroom duty to read a good book was enjoyable. And using the lack of quality television to be in bed at nine, well, let's just awe! God, communication, organization and not worrying has made this crazy time very enjoyable.

I have to laugh at myself for thinking God was crazy for asking me to step up and the finish the school year. It seemed maybe he had lost his mind. So God was right when he said "trust me."

So three more days of subbing and two clients do not worry me at all. We will survive and when I think I might not at least I know who to lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment