Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why You Must Choose God

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5


Before we look at our schedule, I want to remind you why choosing God everyday is so important. My pastor reminded me and our congregation this Sunday so I am going to relay a couple of Pastor Darius Johnston's points.

Read the verse above a few times. Did you get the point on why you must choose God everyday? If you are not connected to God, you can do nothing. If you are not plugged in daily to God, there will be no fruit. Let it sink in for a moment. Without being plugged in to God, even your actions will produce nothing.

Take a deep breath, breathe in and out and let us look at our schedules. Your crazy schedule is not working because you are not plugged in to the power source. You are tired, weary and sad because you are not completely plugged in. So, how are you going to plug into the power source?

If you do not hit snooze, can you get 10-15 minutes of prayer before you start your day. Post scripture in your bathroom, kitchen or where ever you start your day to claim and pray. And what about the end of the day or maybe small children's nap time, can you spend time reading God's Word? It is part of the power source.

Read the passage below. Write it and put it in your bathroom, car and kitchen. Memorize it this week. Have the whole family memorize John 15:5.


"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. John 15:5-8

Time with God and His Word should go on our schedule first and everything else around it. Whether it is choosing not to hit the snooze, read the bible instead of a book at night, watch one less TV show so you can read His word, you must and have to choose to plug into the power source. Otherwise you are producing nothing.

I would highly recommend listening to my pastor's sermon once it is online. Go to http://www.christchurchfw.com and click on podcast. It will be the sermon from 10-25-10.

So before you start your week with no power, choose to plug in.

No comments:

Post a Comment