Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No More Excuses

Do you schedule around God or fit God in somewhere around you schedule?
Remember when answering this question, honesty is the best policy. More than likely you desire to put God first, but on most occasions you squeeze God into your hectic schedule. This is one choice and one habit, you and I need to change.
Today the excuses stop.
1. No more 'I was so tired, I needed the sleep.'
Turn off the TV and computer and either be with God before bed or go to bed on time so you can get up in the morning. Or maybe your lunch break would be a better time for God. Make God your lunch date.
2.No more 'I have little ones at home and they do not give me a moment.'
I have four kids and have had a small child in my house for 14 years. I understand them being at your feet all day. So maybe the one year old will not understand everything you say, but why not read it to them. Or maybe some days your bible study will be out of his/her devotional Bible. God has spoken to me through my kids studies. What a great example and memory your children will have of the importance of studying God's Word.
3.No more 'I do not know what to read in the Bible.'
In the age of the Internet, this excuse is long gone. You can sign up for daily reading plans. You have access to sermons and teachings. And no church falls short of offering Bible studies. You can do a Beth Moore study and never run out of them. For reading plans, go to http://www.biblegateway.com/. Any Beth Moore or Stormie Omartian (great ones on prayer) study I would reccommend plus there are many more out there, also.
4.No more running or hiding from God.
We will cover this more next week. But God knows, so it's time to just bring it before Him.
Ladies, like I said yesterday (remember it is in love and I say it to myself, too), you and I cannot act like a little 2 year old who does not know better or be a teenager full of excuses. We are grown ups and we should start reflecting that in our walk with God. Remember we are to have faith like a child not act like a child.


Hebrews 5:11-15
11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment