Friday, March 26, 2010

March Week 4 Day 5: Choose to Focus

It feels as if we just celebrated the birth of Christ. And now it is time to draw near to the cross and the empty tomb. Oh my spirit leaps, my heart pounds, my eyes fill up with tears as I come near the cross and the empty tomb.

Next week, we will be taking the time to study the week between the triumphal entry and Resurrection. So, I ask you to start preparing yourself, your heart and your mind. Be ready to focus on our Savior and even ourselves as we come near to our Savior.

Let's start our focus on Christ predicting His death.

Matthew 20:17-19

Jesus Again Predicts His Death
17Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, 18"We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death 19and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!"


Wow! Read it again and remember Jesus knows exactly what is going to happen and is sharing this information with the disciples.

Personally, I do not even know if I would willing go somewhere just to be mocked. But Christ went to Jerusalem knowing He would be mocked, flogged and crucified. Do you truly understand that part? Christ knew his fate before he even started on the journey to Jerusalem.

Why? Why would Christ travel by foot to face mocking, flogging and death?

As a parent, I would run anywhere, face anything to protect my child. Even if I knew, I might face injury myself. Love for her children will make a mama do crazy things. So, is love what drove Christ to start that long walk to Jerusalem? Did Christ see my face, your face as he walked that road? Did Christ know my stupidity would need saving?

Oh, my dear friend, Christ walked the rode to Jerusalem knowing his fate. But, Christ made that journey for you, for me, for our children, for our loved ones, for our neighbors because He loves us. Every step on that dusty road was made to save us.

Stop and focus on the footprints on that dusty road and remember, they were made for you.



John 10:10-11

10"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
11"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

Print the footprint or save it as your wallpaper and focus on the journey Christ made for you. And my friend, who do you know that needs to hear about the footprints made for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment