Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feb, Week 4 Day 3&4: Choose the Promiseland

Sorry I have not been posting daily this week, but mommy duties have required more of my time.

As we close out this month, how are you choosing? Are you choosing God daily? Are you choosing to make your health a priority? Are you choosing to make your house a refuge (not a storage unit)?

I pray you begin to desire God more everyday. I pray you realize the benefits if better health and desire to take care of yourself. I pray you desire less stuff and make your home a place of refuge for you and your family. And I also pray that you desire God's promiseland more than creating your own promiseland.

You have to choose whether you want to follow God to the promiseland or if you will continue to sit in the desert and try to create your own. Now, you are probably saying, why would I do that? My answer is I do not know, but you might be.

Life tends to wear us down and make us miserable. But our first response is not to fall in God's arms. It is to grumble and complain. And we want to be happy so we start trying to make ourself happy. Some of you buy more stuff and think if I just had this or bought my kids this, we will be happy. Others choose to dive more into work and spending all time and energy trying to feel good by being successful. And then there are those whose dreams were crushed, so we push our kids in sports at an early age so they will be the next big star (which is to make us feel better not them.) And then some of us just give up and decide to stop and camp in our tent and be miserable.

I do not know about you, but I do not want to settle for being in the desert. I am tired of trying to make my own Promiseland. God has promised me so much more. We can choose to build our own Promiseland or we can choose to know and follow God to the Promiseland.

Each of our journeys may be different amounts of time. Our deserts will be different. But each of us need to choose to follow God, choose to be in good health for the journey and be willing to choose to get rid of some junk if God asks.

So will you choose the journey to the real Promiseland or will you choose to settle for the desert?

February Action Plan
Choose an exercise routine and program that fits your schedule.

Week 4 Action Plan
Choose to find an exercise buddy to hold you accountable and tell you to get off your butt.
Memorize "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" Prov.31:25


Week 4 Day 1&2
Choose to thank God for His promises.
Choose to read Exodus 16. Are you like those who did not obey and tried to do it their way instead of being obedient?
Choose to do try one of your new exercises.
Choose to wipe down the bathrooms.
Choose to go to bed on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment