Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb. Week 2 Day 2: Choose Fun Exercise

You and I like to have fun. We are more likely to do something that is fun more than we are to work. If you have struggled with exercising it is because you make it a chore. It is time to have fun getting healthy.

Establishing an exercise routine will be easier if you make it something you enjoy or fun. There are so many options out there. You just need to find what you enjoy.

I used to love kickboxing because I worked out a lot of stress. I also enjoy dancing. I will just dance or use a ballet or Dancing with the Stars workout DVD. Last night my workout ended up being a wrestling match with both my boys (By the way they still cannot take me.) When it is pretty, I want to be outside. I take the kids to the park and play with them. I swing, slide and even try the obstacle course. And a game of tag is a great workout, too. I just pick my exercise for the day depending on my mood. I pick something I will enjoy.

So the rest of the week, try different things that are fun to you. Check the stores for workout DVDs of things you enjoy. There are plenty out there under $10. If you have a baby, crawl around with them. You will wear out faster. If you have kids or a spouse, dance around the living room. Getting healthy is not boring, it is fun.

Your reason to exercise is you are God's. It is your choice to enjoy it. So go have some fun and get in shape!!!

February Action Plan
Choose an exercise routine and program that fits your schedule.

Week 2 Action Plan
Choose to find a way to get your fruits and veggies and memorize Psalm 139:13-14.

Week 2 Day 2
Choose to thank God for creating you and making you so unique.
Choose to read Psalm 139 again. Do you really get believe? Do you mean it?
Choose to have fun exercising.
Choose to do a Family 15 and pick up.
Choose to go to bed on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment